American Chess Magazine issue no.2
152 pages; large format; Subscription available at www.acmchess.com
If you liked the first issue, then you will like this one even more!
Wesley So on the cover of the new ACM!
Issue No.2 turns the spotlight on the fantastic winning streak of Wesley So at the Wijk Aan Zee and London super-tournaments...
... as well as reporting on Hikaru Nakamura’s triumph at the Gibraltar Masters.
Moreover, this issue takes a very detailed look back at the Carlsen-Karjakin World Championship match in New York and even features a seven-page anecdotal review of past champions and challengers, spanning two centuries of chess history.
The American Chess Magazine #2 brings you 152 colorful pages, packed with amazing chess material, ranging from world class play to local and state news and games, here represented with a story from Colorado.
Instructive and entertaining games from recent events are presented with outstanding annotations, while special attention is given to overviews of latest trends in the openings, and explanations of practical endgame techniques.
The ACM has an impressive list of contributors from home and abroad.
We proudly present you:
• THE RISE OF WESLEY SO
Q&A with Wesley
• WHY WESLEY WON WIJK
GM Ivan Sokolov
• WESLEY AHEAD OF MAGNUS
GM Leinier Dominguez
• HE'S SO FINE
GM Alex Lenderman, TEAM USA coach
• TEXAN LONE STAR SHINES IN EUROPE
GM Jeffery Xiong, World Junior Champion
• CHAMPION ON THE ROPES
And other short stories from Wijk aan Zee
GM Ivan Sokolov
• AN EXPLOSION OF OPENING NOVELTIES IN WIJK AAN ZEE
GM Jaan Ehlvest
• EXCHANGING CAN BE EXCITING
GM Rafael Leitao
• NAKAMURA TOP OF THE ROCK IN GIBRALTAR MASTERS
GM Hou Yifan, Women's World Champion
• AN AWESOME ATTACK AND A FEARSOME FIRESTORM
GM Alejandro Ramirez
• HOW TO WIN POSITIONALLY WITH BLACK
GM Vassily Ivanchuk, World Rapid Champion
• GAME OF THRONES
GM Denes Boros
• BLITZ AND BLUNDERS
GM Baadur Jobava
• AN ANECDOTAL REVIEW OF THE WORLD TITLE MATCHES
GM Mihail Marin
• NEW YORK: CARLSEN – KARJAKIN MATCH
GM Ernesto Inarkiev, European Champion
• QUEEN ENDINGS DEMYSTIFIED
GM Alex Fishbein
• MUSINGS OF AN AMERICAN GRANDMASTER
GM Joel Benjamin
• THERE IS CHESS IN COLORADO!
NM Brian Wall & NM Lior Lapid
• FRESH LEAVES FROM THE BOOKSHELF 2
FM Carsten Hansen
• CHESS IS NOW AN E-SPORT!
IM Danny Rensch
• CHESS TECH AT THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
• HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR CHESS
GM Pontus Carlsson
• A BIG OPEN ADVENTURE
GM Nikola Mitkov
• FABULOUS FINISHES IN AMERICAN CHESS
• CHESS ACROSS AMERICA
GM Mackenzie Molner
• TOURNAMENT REVIEW
November 2016 - February 2017
• WHERE GRANDMASTERS ADVISE YOUNG PLAYERS:
GM Yasser Seirawan